- AC1200 High-Speed: Next generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard
- 5 Modes in 1: Router, Access Point, Wi-Fi Range Extender, Wi-Fi Bridge and WISP
- Backward Compatible: Compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n standards
- Concurrent Dual-Band: Wireless connectivity for 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Gigabit: 5-port gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- VPN (Virtual Private Network): Access secure, remote networks from anywhere and protect privacy on public Wi-Fi and bypass Internet censorship
- USB Port: Storage & FTP file or printer sharing as your own private, secure cloud
- Multiple SSIDs & VLAN: Supports up to 10 SSIDs (2.4GHz x 5 & 5GHz x 5) and provides security and protecting confidential or critical network resources (*Access point mode only)
- Guest Network: Provides secure & private connectivity while isolating guests from your primary network (*Router mode only)
- Smart iQ Setup: Smart, automatic and quick web-based installation with no CD required from any smartphone, iPad, tablet, or PC
- iQoS Bandwidth Management: Efficient and effective internet bandwidth management
EDIMAX Router BR-6478AC
Next-Generation Wireless Networking
The Edimax BR-6478AC V2 router supports the next generation IEEE 802.11ac wireless standard, meaning higher data rates in the 5GHz band. With 300Mbps speeds in the 2.4GHz band and 867Mbps speeds in 5GHz, the BR-6478AC V2 is ideal for HD video streaming and large file transfers. The router is also backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n to ensure compatibility with legacy Wi-Fi devices.
Concurrent Dual-Band Wi-Fi Connectivity
The Edimax BR-6478AC V2 router provides simultaneous 2.4GHz (802.11n) and 5GHz (802.11ac) wireless network connectivity for maximum flexibility of use.
VPN Access for Privacy & Security
Home Users: Avoid regional restrictions and access geoblocked content such as Netflix or iPlayer from anywhere. Ensure your privacy and anonymity online and defeat censorship and other location-based content restrictions. You can also remotely access your home network when you’re away, and use your encrypted VPN for security when out and about using potentially unsafe public Wi-Fi hotspots.
Small Office Users: Enable your employees to access company resources remotely such as email, documents saved on the company server and any programs/systems when they are outside the office.
Connect a USB hard-drive and enjoy your own private cloud storage. Keep content on your central storage and access it from any device on your network, such as movie and TV streaming to PCs or smart TVs, or for regular backups of vital data. With the built-in VPN function you can even access your network remotely when you’re away from home. It can also be used with an FTP server or printer, so any devices on your network can print over your Wi-Fi.
Features iQ Setup for smart, automatic and quick installation with no CD required, no smartphone app downloaded, and no PC required.
5-in-1 Router, Access Point, Range Extender , Wireless Bridge and WISP
Switch mode using the smart iQ setup wizard
on any device with a web browser, no CD required.
*Mobile device setup requires iOS 4.0 or Android 4.0 and above.
Employing two external high-gain fixed antennas, the BR-6478AC V2 provides powerful 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band signal strength and enhances Wi-Fi range, providing signal penetration through walls and floors across your home or office.
iQoS is Edimax’s solution for a quicker, easier, and more effective way to manage Internet bandwidth. While Quality of Service (QoS) functionality is a common feature in routers across the market, typically only advanced users have the knowledge required to set up the complex parameters. Edimax though has redesigned QoS with user-friendliness and accessibility in mind. A simple and intuitive user interface allows users to arrange bandwidth priority settings in just a few clicks. With iQoS, you can enjoy gaming, video streaming, VoIP applications and BT clients at the same time without the usual nightmare of lag and interruptions. An original, efficient and effective means of managing your Internet bandwidth.
Multi-SSID enables users to configure up to ten separate SSIDs (2.4GHz x 5 and 5GHz x 5) in order to group and manage users according to your requirements. In addition, each SSID can be assigned a different VLAN ID, so users with multiple VLANs can manage the network access level of each SSID – ensuring security and protecting confidential or critical network resources.
*Access point mode only
Supports a guest network to provide connectivity while isolating guests from your primary network.
*Router mode only
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.